EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS – MOTHERCRAFT WATERBRIDGE PROGRAM
Mothercraft Ottawa is a non-profit multifaceted family support agency offering a wide array of programs for families from pregnancy to school age.
- 2 Part-time Term Positions of Educator for the Waterbridge School Age Program located at Farley Mowat Public School. The positions are up to 3.5 hours per day, Monday to Friday and full time (7.5 hours per day) on non-instructional days (March Break, Winter Break, PD days). Term dates are September 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018 (potential for extension for summer employment)
- A Part-time Term Position of Educator for the Waterbridge School Age Program located at Farley Mowat Public School which is up to 6.75 hours per day Monday to Friday and full time (7.5 hours per day) on non-instructional days (March Break, Winter Break, PD days) Term date is September 1, 2017 – December 30, 2017 (with the possibility of extension)
- A Part-time Maternity Leave Term Position of Educator for the Waterbridge School Age Program located at Farley Mowat Public School which is up to 3.5 hours per day Monday to Friday and full time (7.5 hours per day) on non-instructional days (March Break, Winter Break, PD days) Term date is September 1, 2017 – December 30, 2017.
September 1, 2017
JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for providing quality care and programming for children based on the E.L.E.C.T. Framework and How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years, before and after school, within a school age program. Act as a resource to parents and colleagues. Provide direction to students, volunteers and substitute staff. Work with Manager and Lead Educator to ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Early Childhood Education diploma/degree from recognized college/university preferred with membership in good standing with College of ECE, if eligible
- Solid understanding of child development
- Excellent communication skills
- Sensitivity and respect for individual and cultural differences
- Ability to work independently and reliably in a team, and a flexible fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energy and enthusiasm
- Physically able to participate with children indoors/outdoors and to set up and take down program equipment
- Working knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (CCEYA) Emergent Curriculum and ELECT Framework is an asset
- Experience working with children with special needs is an asset
- Ability to use a computer and other office equipment and work with various software programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, database, etc.)
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR (Infant and Child); a vulnerable sector police records check; and an updated immunization report are required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary: $20.50 / hour
Benefits include 4% Vacation pay and sick leave.
If interested, please submit cover letter and resumé to Jennifer Ross at Jennifer.Ross@mothercraftc.om by 3:30 pm on Thursday, August 10, 2017. In your cover letter, please indicate the positions you are interested in applying for.
Please note that while we appreciate your interest in the position, only applicants who are short listed for an interview will be contacted.
Mothercraft Ottawa is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Mothercraft Ottawa will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Mothercraft Ottawa strives to ensure that its employment practices are free from direct and indirect discrimination and is committed to upholding the human rights of those participating in the hiring process. In pursuit of this commitment, Mothercraft Ottawa will not condone or tolerate any acts of discrimination or harassment under any of the grounds protected under human rights legislation. This commitment extends to the hiring process and throughout the course