EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS – ELMDALE KINDERGARTEN & SCHOOL AGE PROGRAM
Mothercraft Ottawa is a non-profit multifaceted family support agency offering a wide array of programs for families from pregnancy to school age.
Part-time Term Positions of Educator for the Elmdale Kindergarten and School Age Program located at Elmdale Public School. The positions are up to 5.50 hours per day split shift, Monday to Friday and full time (7.5 hours per day) on non-instructional days (March Break, Winter Break, PD days)
September 5, 2017 to June 29, 2018 (potential for extension for summer employment)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for providing quality care and programming for children based on the E.L.E.C.T. Framework and How Does Learning Happen? Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years, before and after school within a school age program. Act as a resource to parents and colleagues. Provide direction to students, volunteers and substitute staff. Work with Manager and Lead Educator to ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Early Childhood Education diploma/degree from recognized college/university preferred with membership in good standing with College of ECE, if eligible
- Solid understanding of child development
- Excellent communication skills
- Sensitivity and respect for individual and cultural differences
- Ability to work independently and reliably in a team, and a flexible fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, energy and enthusiasm
- Physically able to participate with children indoors/outdoors and to set up and take down program equipment
- Working knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 (CCEYA), Emergent Curriculum and ELECT Framework is an asset
- Experience working with children with special needs is an asset
- Ability to use a computer and other office equipment and work with various software programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, database, etc.)
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR (including Infant and Child); a vulnerable sector police records check; and an updated immunization report are required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary: $20.50 / hour
Benefits include 4% Vacation pay and sick leave.
If interested, please submit cover letter and resumé to Susie Munro at Susie.Munro@mothercraft.com by 3:30 pm on Friday, July 21, 2017.
Please note that while we appreciate your interest in the position, only applicants who are short listed for an interview will be contacted.